Stall warning kit.

Subject: Stall warning kit.
From: ScramIt@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 11:40:27
Hi all,
Just got my stall warning kit for an unclosed wing. It was real easy set up
to install. I didn't have a welding rod to use as an alignment gauge. So I
drilled the hole in the spar looked through the hole and had someone run a
flash light along the leading edge with the drill angle template. When the
light was center of the rib flange we marked it. I drilled the hole. Next I
ran a piece of coat hanger through the holes, taped some string to the
hanger, pulled the string through, and tie a washer on the leading edge side.
With a length of string near the bell crank. Take the pipe that will be
bonded to the leading edge and spar, cup your hand around it and use your
shop vacuum to suck the string through (yes, to my wife's dismay it worked),
and tie a washer on that end. Now with the string through the work you can
pull the tube through first time every time. No more blindly searching for
the leading edge hole.

Before (or after) I bond the tube in place I'd like to cover the end of the
tube with a screen. Anyone have a hardware store mod for this? I could just
stick a piece of screen over the finished job. Any ideas or photos of
installed screens? I have the screen off the kitchen sink but can't think of
an elegant installation, and the better half wants it back.

Thanks,
SteveD
A217