Re: Antenna splitter ?

Subject: Re: Antenna splitter ?
From: TroyMaynor@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 22:21:44
In a message dated 5/3/02 10:03:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
johnwigney@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< Hi guys,

 I have a Bob Archer COM antenna in the fin of my XS. It works well and
 supplies a Garmin COM radio in the panel which at present is my only
 radio. I have experimented with an ICOM IC - A22 handheld as a standby
 radio but seem to have had limited success with the "rubber stick"
 antenna supplied with the - A22. I would be grateful for any
 recommendations on the use and choice of a splitter so that I can also
 use the main COM antenna for my handheld.

 John Wigney

Hi John and All,
I knew I had read something about this recently and I finally foound it. Try
to get you hands on a March 2002 copy of Kitplanes. Jim Weir has an article
entitled "Build a $2 antenna diplexer for your handheld." I don't have a
scanner or I'd send you a copy. Let me know if I can snail mail you a copy.
Happy flying.
Troy