Re: Faulty Altitude reporting

Subject: Re: Faulty Altitude reporting
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 14:01:07
> When you are flying here in the USA just ask "center" what your Mode C is>
reporting. If its different than your altitude, center will most likely ask
you> to turn off the "Mode  C " on the transponder.>
> Jim Brown

Jim:
            I guess that's OK if you ask every minute. By the time centre
has discover aircraft above you deviating left right and centre, they won't
have too much time to ask you to turn it off. These faults occur at the
speed of light - and so do the avoidance manoeuvres (to say nothing of the
myriad aroused pilots.)
            I think I will ask if there's a warning I can rig up.
Cheers, Ferg