Re: Door Audio Warning - - Was LEDs

Subject: Re: Door Audio Warning - - Was LEDs
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 15:46:33
Alan D Stewart wrote:
> In the UK we aren't supposed to fly at night or in IFR conditions in
> this aircraft. Perhaps in other countries the rules are slightly
> different ?

In the U.S., it might depend upon the meaning of "slightly."  The
operating limitations permit night and/or IFR if equipped per usual
Regulations.  No apparent approval or inspection of what you install
to comply.  Even approach-certified GPS.  Bolt her in, file, and go
shoot some approaches in IMC at night if you want.  For other than
homebuilts, it's a bureaucratic wringer just for IFR enroute/terminal
only GPS approval.

However, if the manufacturer's data plate is not in its precise
location, and/or not flameproof....

Best,
Fred F.