Re: Dimensions for Feltner stips on anti-servo tabs

Subject: Re: Dimensions for Feltner stips on anti-servo tabs
From: John & Amy Eckel <eckel1@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 16:32:48
Hi Eric,
My XS manual says to fill the trailing edge trough with micro, let it cure
and sand
with the line of the skin.
Make the Flettner strips from pieces of light weight material such as balsa.
The should span the entire length but you can taper the ends so they don't
end abruptly.
Bond them to the upper and lower surface with epoxy and paint them with
epoxy to seal them if they are wood.

The strips are 12mm max width and the total thickness ( both strips and the
TE)
is 8-10 mm

John, A230