Re: Annual Permit checks was Insulating fuel lines

Subject: Re: Annual Permit checks was Insulating fuel lines
From: clevelee@cswebmail.com
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 15:46:40
Bob, et al . .
Just out of curosity, re. the tailplane, how did you manage to remove the cotter
pins and drill out the drive pins and re-assemble?

While the top is still off, I've looked at all of the suggestions for mods in
this
area, even my own.  I've opened the holes to 5/16", decided that wouldn't
really prevent the eventual wearing and have loctited the parts in place with
3000psi 250 degree f retaining compound. (This is not the 'high strength' stuff)

I perceive repairs to that area as 'would be major surgery' and decided that if
I have to go in there to fix misaligned tailplanes, it would be appropriate to
consider replacing the bronz tailplane bushings.  Thus, replacing the bushings
---From the heat necessary to remove the tailplane positioners (don't recall the
TP number)would be considered part of the overall repair.

But I am fascinated with how you got out the cotter pins from the 1/4" clevis
pins.
How did you see behind the a)shaft, from the forward access and b)rear bulkhead,
---From the rear access?

Cleve Lee
A198 N396ST

> Hi! Garry.
> Hey I don't consider myself an 'ole timer!' However the big thing that is
> prevalent in my mind is the differential movement between the tailplanes.
> I've twice had to oversize the drive pins, resulting in my mod. of clamps on
> the drive torque tube. Also corrosion on the flap bracket furniture.
> regards
> Bob Harrison G-PTAG

The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!