Too much drivel (was Re: 'Reply To')

Subject: Too much drivel (was Re: 'Reply To')
From: Mark Burton <markb@ordern.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 19:27:13

From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Subject: Re:  'Reply To'
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 07:26:54 -1100 (NZDT)

> I found the collective experiences of those already flying very useful when I

> came to fly a europa for the first time. Over the years I have found that the

> most useful learning tool for aviation is to surround yourself with far more

> experienced aviators and listen.

Absolutely, but as a large proportion of the postings to the list are
drivel it becomes rather tedious finding the nuggets of useful
information.

> There is a very useful function I have found in my mail application called the

> delete key. If there is a thread going on that I am not interested in I use
> this function and it has the effect of removing a message that I don't want to

> read. I understand that other mail applications may have the same facility.

Don't patronise us please.

I have read this list since 1995 and will continue to do so even
though the drivel to nugget ratio is sometimes unbearably high.

I applaud all the contributors who take the effort to produce a
considered reply to the queries posted by Europa builders and
operators. Conversely, I curse those who often just hit the reply
button and spout a load of pompous rubbish. (Don't worry Tony, I'm not
thinking of you as I write this.)

If contributors thought more about what they are posting, the quality
of the postings would improve, the volume would go down and perhaps
the people who are considering leaving the list will stay (and
hopefully continue to contribute themselves).

Mark