Re: Rotax 914

Subject: Re: Rotax 914
From: david joyce <davidjoyce@beeb.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 09:36:34
Mike, I found the little spring sitting on my bench after I had done the
"final fitting !!" of the turbo servo and the instrument panel which of
course totally buries it. It then took most of a week to sort it out. I
pleaded with various Rotax experts to tell me that it really wasn't
necessary at least until the next time I positively had to take the panel
off, but noone would give that advice. The situation was eventually saved by
the discovery that I could get at the servo through the hole that the Flydat
sits in. It seems that the spring gives some softness or flexibility to the
action of the servo closure of the wastegate and without it the cable will
stretch and the wastegate closure become incomplete. If it is not too late I
suggest you plan your panel to give simple access to the servo area.  David
Joyce