Re: Carpets/upholstery

Subject: Re: Carpets/upholstery
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 11:02:01
>Because when the firewall is called upon to become a real firewall the
>carpets serve to make a fire on both sides.
>Handling two emergencies simultaneously is often curtains (to mix drapery
>metaphors).
>The sage guidance of JAR-VLA goes against it too (I'll quote directly, in
>case you don't have a copy of this worthwhile code).

Incomplete logic IMHO.
The phenolic firewall doesn't conduct heat the way a metal one does. Metal
firewalls are sometimes useless unless backed up by Fiberfrax or similar
ceramic fabric. They won't let the flame through but they do transmit heat,
radiate it as well, as do bolts and other fittings.

Graham