Re: Low pressure fuel switch

Subject: Re: Low pressure fuel switch
From: John & Paddy Wigney <johnwigney@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 09:56:49
Hi Nigel,

Am not sure if this is too late for you but another way of doing this is to
rely on an EIS unit to manage all your engine instrumentation. I have the EIS
supplied fuel pressure sender in the line to my carbs and I set the alarm to
the Rotax minimum fuel pressure of 2.2 psi. I have alarms on all the engine
variables such as rpm, oil pressure and temp, CHT, etc. It is a lot better
than having to scan gauges. If something goes out of whack, you immediately
get the EIS flashing light. From all my reading about the Rotax 912/914
family, fuel pressure seems to be the key item.  i.e. Give it fuel and it
works. The EIS has a preferred page display arrangement where I show rpm, oil
temp & pressure, fuel pressure and CHT. You can access all the other variables
such as time, OAT, voltage as necessary.

My experience with the EIS 2000 is very positive. For example, it has a
digital rpm readout and I chose to add a separate  analog tacho to my panel
because I thought that would be more user friendly --- WRONG. I find that I
rarely refer to the analog tacho since the digital readout is very accurate
and has rapid response to any change. Next time I would leave the analog tacho
out.

Cheers, John
Mono XS, 912S, A099, N262WF