Re: xs wings questions

Subject: Re: xs wings questions
From: Ian Rickard <ian.iicons@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 14:12:46
The way to aviod having to move the pivot bolt is to get the CS14 brackets
in exactly the right place when you set up the Aileron quick connect system
(see step 10 Page 14-5 (TriGear manual)).  I found this is very hard to do
absolutly accurately.  The two problems are a)  ensureing the treaded rod
you are using as a guide is exactly at right angles to the bracket.  B) the
bracket "moves" when you do up the bolts due to the unevenness of the
surface you are bolting to.

You can only check how accurate you have been after the cockpit module has
been bonded in.  At this stage it is no longer possible to correct the CS14
position so you change the pivot bolt instead.  I hope the extra effort I
made to get the CS14s right will pay off.

Ian Rickard  #505  G-IANI