Re: Wet hangars

Subject: Re: Wet hangars
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 16:38:28
Hans:
        I think this may be a parallel to the way water is kept from
freezing in storage basins (etc.) where overwinter boats are kept. The
solution may not be the extent of heat, but of keeping the medium moving. In
boats it is a bubble machine below which (like moving air in orchards or
vinyards) prevents the accumulation of moisture. In your case, although some
heat is necessary, perhaps a fan of sufficient scope, or a ducting to
various sites might prevent the accumulation of moisture at a much cheaper
rate than the heat. I know a small blower (which raised the inside pressure)
stopped condensation in a 2mx2mx2m room from settling on walls and radio
equipment - and is used in the far north rather than heat (air is dry but
still air is prevented).
            Perhaps thinking in that sense might help.
Ferg          diesel Europa A064