VIRUS ALERT - SORRY!

Subject: VIRUS ALERT - SORRY!
From: Shaun Simpkins <shauns@hevanet.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 14:15:33
To all Europa BB members:

My computer was infected by the BadTrans.B virus and sent out a worm to all
on my mailing
list before I could kill it.  It apparently was in a message sent out from
another BB member.
Please link to the following symantec site for instructions on how to
eradicate this virus.
Note that it is a very evil virus, as it logs keystrokes and periodically
sends them to one of
several sites.  It also may be able to upload your password files.  If you
have been infected,
you will probably need to change all of your passwords.  This is a very new
virus, first
discovered 11/24/01.  You should update your virus protection files
immediately.

If you get a message with two attachments, one of them most likely being a
.pif file, DO NOT
OPEN THE ATTACHMENT.  Also note that the virus assumes several identities.

My apologies to anyone this affected.

Shaun Simpkin