Re: Fuel Smell

Subject: Re: Fuel Smell
From: David Corbett <David.Corbett@Farmline.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:45:19
Hello everyone.

Some weeks ago I posted a fairly long message about fuel smell.

To recap, mine has the baggage bay extension, and therefore the rubber pipe
to the fuel tank is a different shape and length frrom that fitted to those
aircraft not fitted with the baggage bay extension.

Also, I am so far running exclusively on AVGAS. Here in UK, we are not
blessed with (almost) free motor gasoline - although, as an aside, I was
circumnavigating the States in a Cessna 182RG in July 2000 when all you guys
over there were complaining bitterly that the gas had gone up from about US$
1.00 per US gal, to almost $"!    Tough on you, chaps!!

Seriously, though, I have not been able to replicate any petrol smell within
my aircraft since I wrote that e-mail. I do believe, though, that I may have
inadvertently cured the problem by making an adjustment to the cover that
fits over my Avalec fuel monitor probe.

I cannot think of anything else that has changed - but the problem appears
to have gone - fingers crossed!! I am convinced that there is no porosity in
the rubber part of the filler neck used with the baggage bay extension.

Happy building and flying,

(By the way, Kim, did you like the pic of you in the latest Europa Flyer?
Did I send you a print - I cannot remember. I hope everything is great with
you, and look forward to reading progress on your new machine).

David

UK 265,   G-BZAM