Long Battery leads.

Subject: Long Battery leads.
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 20:48:26
Trying to be helpful here..... My experience with the Jabiru 3300 and its
1kw starter forced me to short wire (welding wire) from the batteries (two
13 amp hour wired parrallel) on top of the P2 footwell.  Obviously I'm not
wishing to argue about the Rotax but I had an 80 amp fuse in the line and it
blew without the engine making a complete revolution.
Since I moved it from the luggage bay floor to this new position I've never
missed a start except at Epinal when I left the isolator solenoid switched
on all night !. Then it did two starts but officials forced a third stop
then it was buggered.
I strongly recommend trials with the length of wire you expect to need
before you get to grips with constructing bases in the back.
Best regards and intentions all round.

Bob Harrison  G-PTAG