Re: The Solid-State Gyro PDA

Subject: Re: The Solid-State Gyro PDA
From: Shaun Simpkins <shauns@hevanet.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 13:18:54
I wasn't clear.  Crossbow is developing a certificated version of the AHRS
reference, not the display.  That is for a 3rd party display developer to
provide.
The reference will cost $7-8K.  The display can be whatever your dreams
(and operational redundancy) desire.  Crossbow is wisely staying out of
human interface development.  Perhaps Avidyne or Avrotec could provide the
display?

Consider the SFS 1000 and 2000.  The last price I saw for the 1000 was $16K.
Add $30K to that for the AHRS and get the 2000.  Yeesh.

Shaun