First Flight of G-MIME

Subject: First Flight of G-MIME
From: Nigel Charles <72016.3721@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 03:32:08
After over 6 years work G-MIME finally took to the skies on Friday 17th
August at Kemble in the capable hands of Pete Jeffers. His says it flies
well and seems to stall without wing drop which is nice to know. The only
hiccup which nearly stopped the test flight was we had an electrical pump
failure just before startup. Fortunately David Hunter very kindly found me
a spare in his workshop which kept the 'show on the road'.

Contrary to expectations my overhead ventilator works well on the ground
and in flight giving a stream of cold air to the fevered brow.

There will be more test flying and adjustments before my other 18 mods can
be fully evaluated!

What a wonderful aircraft the Europa is. I have no regrets on the length of
time taken, it has all been worth it.

Nigel Charles
(Builder 203)