Rough idle at sartup / Throttle cables

Subject: Rough idle at sartup / Throttle cables
From: Baker Dino FMC <Dino.Baker@fmc.sa.gov.au>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 09:06:03
Greetings all,

Somebody asked for a follow up on my starting problems. As a reminder, my
Rotax idled very roughly after being started.

Firstly the gearbox was sent to our local agent to have the slipper clutch
adjusted, as Andy Draper suggested. The agent stated that it was within
limits, but re-adjusted it anyway.

The carburettors were checked for any blockages, with nil findings.

Engine startups are back to normal now. The exact cause not pinpointed, but
I strongly suspect the gearbox. Thankyou all for your suggestions.

Re the recent comments on throttle cable kinks. I noticed as have many of
you that the cable & sheath as supplied was too long. I shortened both cable
and sheath to just suit the length required by removing the carby end sheath
nut and shortening the cable and sheath, to get direct runs to the carbies.
This avoids having to find where to get rid of excess cable length when
installing. The nut can be clamped back on the sheath with a suitable block
clamped in a vice.

Regards,
John Baker.