Fuel Flow Senders

Subject: Fuel Flow Senders
From: Paddy Clarke <paddyclarke@lineone.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 20:35:24
Hi Folks,
                Has anyone else had a problem in achieving the required fuel
flow when using an Elba type fuel flow sender?.
                I've got a monowheel XS with a Rotax 912S. The electric pump
is the later [more powerful] version and I'm using an Andair gascolator and
selector valve. With no flow, apart from the bleed back, the pressure just
before the last carb is 4.1 psi.
                If I do the required fuel flow check without the fuel flow
sender in line the pump maintains over 2.5psi at the correct fuel flow. With
the sender in line the pressure drops to 1.2psi and the fuel flow drops by
30%, although the sender appears to offer very little resistance when
blowing through it.
                Any ideas?
                            Many Thanks,
                                            Paddy Clarke,   U.K. builder