rudder cable pulleys

Subject: rudder cable pulleys
From: John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 11:31:54
Forwarded from the bounce bin.  Message is from
"steve" <msl99@quixnet.net>

I was measuring for the installation of the rudder cable pulley and seat
belt attachment points when I encountered a problem.  The figure in
chapter 17 (fig.6) shows that the distance of the forward edge of the
embedded metal hard point should be at least 80 mm from the seat back
edge, with a value more like 90 mm being practical to keep some
separation between the seat belt attachment hole and the edge of the
installed pulley.  The problem is, on my XS module the distance is only
76 mm.  This means if a I follow the diagram exactly, the seat belt hole
is underneath the pulley.  Even if I fudge a little and allow less than
15 mm from the hard point edge for the seat belt hole, the best I can do
is place the hole so that it intersects some portion of the metal edge.
This doesn't sound right to me. Has anyone else encountered this?  I'd
hate to have to rip out the hard point and install a new one, or even
add an extension, but those are probably my only two options.  Any
ideas?  (BTW, same situation on both sides).

Steve Leisch