Re: Canoe top & Engine Installation

Subject: Re: Canoe top & Engine Installation
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 16:51:38
Its OK to install the engine before front screen. Just make sure you support
the front of the engine with a trestle or sling or something. Dont let the
fuselage carry the weight.

Chances are you will need to remove the engine before painting anyway and
this is the best time to bond in the screen. It only takes half a day to
remove and disconnect the engine (less in fact). Just make sure you label
everything you disconnect. Also detatch the engine by the bolts in the
crankcase (not the bolts in the frame/ lord mounts). It is a bit tricky
reattaching the engine but very easy with a jack (if you know how - just ask
!).

Im assuming you are using a Rotax engine ?

Carl P