Re: Araldite 420

Subject: Re: Araldite 420
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 09:44:44
The pot time of all epoxy products is 95% of what you'd prefer for
construction of a vehicle carrying your carcass at altitude. :)

The big jobs are the challenge, cockpit module and fuselage top.
Those are 2-person jobs, don't dawdle, and you need to pre-weigh
smaller quantities in advance to be mixed as you go.  Buttering both
mating surfaces in thinner coats is insurance there will be a better
bond if the stuff starts to gel.

I didn't do XS wings, but I'd say it's a good job for training your
future helper on the big ones.  Usual cost is a beer or a burger
(unless spouse, but if her plane, I expect her to fetch the brew).

Regards,
Fred F., A063