RE: Europa mods

Subject: RE: Europa mods
From: Roger Mills <Roger.Mills@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 09:49:12
Carl,
 Assuming you're talking about a classic cowl, I would strongly advise
against providing just a NACA duct - you need an enclosed plenum box to
isolate the intake from the hot air in the cowl and provide cold air to the
carbs. If you measure the high pressure inlet area and compare it with the
available outlet area you will see that a simple NACA duct in the top will
be ineffective due to the pressurised hot air in the cowl (- it may even
provide another exit path?).
The factory plenum mod works well - why invent it again?
Regards
Roger Mills
141