Re: Qty of Redux Rqd.

Subject: Re: Qty of Redux Rqd.
From: bizzarro@easynet.co.uk
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 11:15:04
Hi Paul

We mixed up between 1/4 and 1/3 of the tin, but then scraped off about
180ml of excess off again. This was a bit of a waste but it is easier to
put on too much and scrape it off than to put on too little and then have
to go around injecting redux flox through a syringe afterwards.

We used long, low tensile stength rivets that had just about enough
strength to pull the sides together without creating bumps along the sides
of the fuse walls. They were spaced about every 3 to 6 inches depending on
where the walls bulged out or not. It will become obvious as you are doing
it and is really nothing to worry about.

It is however getting warm now and as a result you will have to work
quickly. I would suggest it is a three person job, one mixing and two
applying will do it.

We mixed about 180ml at a time.

Good luck

Eddie Hatcher