Europa flap drive opening

Subject: Europa flap drive opening
From: Nigel Charles <72016.3721@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 10:26:15
Message text written by INTERNET:Grahamclk@aol.com
>As you know the flapdrive tube operates through an elongated slot in the
two
fuselage sides.  There has been  discussion at times of the passage of air
through this aperture and drag effects.

I would appreciate the PFA view of this as it is a relatively simple matter

to add a flange which closes this slot when the flaps are retracted.
Perhaps
there has already been a mod. application on this theme ?
<

Klaus Dietrich has added sliding internal covers to the apertures in his
Europa and very neat they look too. I believe this included the flap slots.
Maybe he will publish the details if he reads this. Perhaps you could send
details for an article in the 'Flyer' Klaus?

Nigel Charles