Re: Rotax Service Bulletins - replacement of valve spring

Subject: Re: Rotax Service Bulletins - replacement of valve spring
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 18:03:46
Trained engineers...well, okay.  But in the States here, Rotax service
centers are few and far between.  Having done such on auto engines,
it's a really simple job, and I'm wondering if the the 912/914 can be
an exception.

Rather than compressed air to keep the valve seated (which requires a
special tool), there's the old "rope trick."  Just feed pliable rope
into cylinder until there's enough to mash against valve face at TDC.
It appears a simple lever type spring compressor that will hook under
(or wired to) a wood dowel substituted for the rocker arm shaft.
Rotax dealers may rent; buy automotive version; or give me some time
to drill and bend some flat steel stock.

Regards,
Fred F., A063