Re: Headset recommendation?

Subject: Re: Headset recommendation?
From: John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 14:01:20
Forwarded from the bounce bin. Message is from
Steven Eberhart <newtech@newtech.com>

On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Brian Rauchfuss - PCD wrote:

> > So, I need to buy a good headset that won't break the bank.  I've done a
little research and Lightspeed keeps coming up, specifically the QFR series,
either passive or active.  From what I've read, they are comfortable, durable,
and the customer service is excellent.  Lightspeed was started in 1996 by a
group of Tektronix people, and as I have a 1962 Tek 535A oscilloscope in mint
condition that still works perfectly (over 70 vacuum tubes!), I've got a soft
spot for Tek.

> I have a Lightspeed 20K, which was upgraded from a Lightspeed 15K.  I really
> like it, quiet and comfortable.  Most headsets give me a headache from putting
> my head in a vise, but the Lightspeed refrains from torturing it's owner!
> The 15K had some static when the noise reduction was on.
>
> Brian

I have a Lightspeed 20k and love it except for one thing.  I bought it at
Oshkosh last year so it is less than a year old.  Left it in the plane and
when I put it on the next day, temp -5 degrees F, the plastic headband
cracked.  Lesson learned: don't try to put it on after a cold soak.
Haven't contacted Lightspeed yet but don't anticipate any problems getting
it fixed.

Steve Eberhart
mailto:newtech@newtech.com

One test is worth a thousand expert opinions but a thousand opinions are
easier to get.  --plagiarized from an unknown author