Re: [Re: [Composite Materials Practice Kit]]

Subject: Re: [Re: [Composite Materials Practice Kit]]
From: Andrew Sarangan <europaxs@usa.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 21:09:15

Actually, I have never seen a better book on the subject than that Rutan
manual. It may be oddly sized and poorly formatted it was written before the
days of word processors), but it is one of the few books that really gets to
the point fast. A lot of books tell you what to do without explaining why.
Some others go into all kinds of details without telling you what you should
do. The Rutan manual achieves a good balance between the two. It is a great
starting point for the first time builder. I learned a lot more from this kit
than the Europa weekend workshop and the Oshkosh workshops combined.

I agree that the kit was overpriced. In fact, everything except the manual was
a bit of a rip off. That is why I think it is better to buy the manual and get
the supplies elsewhere.

JLW <jeffw@telebyte.net> wrote:
I agree you should use your AeroPoxy.  The mix ratio is different for the
E-Zpoxy.  Also, the E-Zpoxy really stinks!

And...  I thought the kit was way over priced.  The foam is inferior as
compared
to the higher density foam as used with the Europa.  The Rutan book is okay,
but
it's odd shape is a bit of an aggravation.

    Jeff  A191