RE: Kremen variable pich props

Subject: RE: Kremen variable pich props
From: Chris Cameron <chris.cameron@ot.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 08:30:31
On Sunday, March 04, 2001 7:13 AM, Dr. Christoph Both
[SMTP:christoph.both@acadiau.ca] wrote:
> What's wrong with the KREMEN?
>
> The price seems to be right - I find $4000-5000 U.S. for the other
> two quite excessive for the average homebuilder. I have also seen
> Czech model engines who were absolutely first class made - they
> know what they are doing, i guess, with current approvals.

I can't speak for the others, but the Airmaster is a Constant Speed prop,
rather than an in flight adjustable pitch prop.  I like the idea of a CSU
and from my understanding of things, it makes the pilot's life a lot
simpler than in flight adjustment.  I do fly a Piper Arrow with CSU and I
much prefer that to equivilent fixed pitch machines!

Chris Cameron                                New Zealand
Life, don't talk to me about life ....(Marvin - HHGTTG)