Re: Attaching Landing gear mounting frame

Subject: Re: Attaching Landing gear mounting frame
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 20:39:05
This is going to sound ridiculous, but I drilled the problematic holes
by hand, using small vice-grips and pushing in on the drill bit with a
block of wood.  A real cheapo with time on his hands?  No...I didn't
think it would actually work.

I do taxes for a Snap-On Tools salesman, and I think it was for his
1986 return he gave me big set of titaniums with fancy cutting points
(not the Harbor Freight stuff US builders may know).  Those things
still really cut; removed spirally curls of metal just like on the
drill press.  IOW, such bits exist.

Regards,
Fred F., A063