Re: rudder pedals

Subject: Re: rudder pedals
From: Bill McClellan <wilmac@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 16:15:04
Paul,

On 1), the final product is too have pedals that don't bind thru the
range of operation so just determine why they are not straight and
straighten as much as possible. But more importantly make sure the
tufnol bushes are not too tight as that is the most common reason of binding.

On 2), Your suggestion is what I did with no problem.  I would not skimp
on the foam supports under this floor.  Make sure both floors are the
same level and parallel.  Glue the floors down with the pedals in place.
 If the pedal shafts are in place while you lay-up, the floors will be
on the same plane but then as per the manual, you have to lay up around
the mounting blocks.  A pain.  I had plenty of foam support
underlayment, glued the floor to them with flox and let it setup, then
removed the pedals and mounting blocks, plugged the holes and then
glassed the floor in place.  Don't get any epoxy into the anchor nuts.
I opted for a radius-ed front edge instead of the sharp corner which I
did with foam.  If you want I can send a picture.

Don't know about the car pedals.  The car pedals I know of would be way
too massive.

Bill McClellan
A164