Re: Rudder deflection

Subject: Re: Rudder deflection
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 23:14:46
Your protractor should be held above the rudder at the top of the fin and
the angles  measured from above the hinge point. You need to centre the
rudder and align the centre line of your protractor- 90 degree line
(baseline above hinge point) with the stb face of the rudder then measure
full deflection either way.

Hope this makes sense - easier with a drawing.

If you are not getting enough rudder travel all you need to do is cut back
some more of the rudder shroud on the port side (not forgetting the joggle
at the top). Then readjust the length of the pushrod.