RE: Canoes & Tops

Subject: RE: Canoes & Tops
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 23:59:16
>The aircraft may be a very good design with excellent aerodynamics but the
>manufacturing quality is about on a par with, say, MG and Triumph and other
>marques no longer seen in the US (for good reason).  As I have said before,
>Europa's manufacturing QA leaves a bit to be desired, perhaps that is the
>real reason that Liberty will be contracting with Scaled Technology Works to
>manufacture a certificated aircraft (I personally doubt that Europa could
>ever get a manufacturing certificate).
>Rob Housman

True, but no certified manufacturer could produce a design of that quality.
Except perhaps a German company like Grob. The trouble with English
businesses is that they are over run with bean counters, it's rare to see
an engineer on the board of an English company. Not necessary, it would
seem, because the fruits of English genius are usually given away. Gas
turbines, jump jets, MRI scanners. The list is depressingly endless.

I can't think of many really good cars that aren't German or Japanese.
Wonder why.

Graham