Realistic Minimum Space to build

Subject: Realistic Minimum Space to build
From: Nigel Charles <72016.3721@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 09:18:51
Message text written by Sweeting Paul
>I've been lurking on the list for a few months as i'm contemplating
building
an Europa XS.
I only have a standard to small garage, (the Land Rover certainly does not
fit - modern type westbury home :-( )
so i'm currently working out whether it will be too small or do I need to
look for another workshop.<

I know of one Europa that was built in a single garage, however much work
had to be done out of doors when the weather was good and another single
garage was borrowed to provide temporary storage (although an enclosed
trailer purchased in advance can make a good storage area). Many single
garages are not long enough for a fuselage with both rudder and engine
cowls attached even without the prop and spinner. I have nearly completed
having used a tandem double garage. This was great for the wing to cockpit
module setup but I had to borrow the use of a larger workshop when it came
to the wing incidence, flap drive and wing fairing jobs. I saved these
until just before final external finishing so that I could get the use of
the paiter's workshop. These 3 jobs took about 10 days.  To do the complete
build within a workshop will need a building of about 30ft x 25 ft. I hope
this is of some help.

Regards

Nigel Charles