Re: The dreaded Rotax? New builder questions

Subject: Re: The dreaded Rotax? New builder questions
From: Rob Waters <robw@iprolink.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 14:03:37
Shaun,

---From my limited experience in Europas fitted with both the 912 and the
912S, it's my opinion that the 912S is a harsher engine, ie: more
vibration, particularly at some engine rev bands. I don't know that
there was any difference in noise level however. I haven't flown in a
914 powered Europa to compare, but I think that there is something in
what you say regarding the high RPM engines. I read a review on the Ban
Bi MCR01 where 2 aircraft were flown on the same day. One was powered by
a 912 and the other by a lower revving direct drive JPX engine. The
reviewer commented that the JPX was noticeably quieter.

Rob Waters