Long lists....

Subject: Long lists....
From: Fergus Kyle <fkyle@bigwave.ca>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 07:50:03
Bob:
        I got a message from you discusdsing duplicated messages. I don't
suffer such discomfort, but there IS one which I do>>>>
        When you publish long lists of addressees openly, some scurrilous ISPs
set their computors to scarf off the list, which they then sell to
hawkers for unwanted junk advertising. This is called SPAM. I suffer
---From  American parasites and would be happy to send an example of 8
pages of twaddle for your perusal. It is just another sickness like guns
and drugs. But it is time-consuming and stupid.
        The accepted defence is called "B:cc" - Blind Carbon Copy - which
buries these myriad addresses, revealing same only when they approach
the target ISP. Since those who seem able to afford aircraft are ideal
bait for these germs, our addresses are particularly susceptible.
        Quite honestly, I am asking all my buddies to bury more than 4 or 5
addresses into thye B:cc mode, or drop me from the list. There is no
other option - as you may guess, changing one's address is disruptive,
wasteful and unnecessary. Those not yet plagued seem unable to grasp the
menace. They are like murder victims - never a complaint.
        I beg you to place your addresses under B:cc and scotch the cancer
where it starts.
Respectfully,
Ferg A064