RE: Fuel hose clips

Subject: RE: Fuel hose clips
From: ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 06:16:46
Hi! Ferg.
As you know G-PTAG is a trike  MKI but I put my inspection windows obviously
under the connections but everso slightly off centre outboard and forward,
so you can get a 7mm spanner on the jubilee nut. Another problem is being
able to make all the connections for the fuel return pipes , fuel sight
gauge and waterdrain pipes in an area where the rudder cables are passing.
All main line pipes must be dedicated supply ONLY that is all other
connections must go onto the water drain pipes  so it gets very "busy" in
those areas. Also make sure that you arrange the anchor nuts for the
inspection windows NOT to be in line with the rudder cables or you will need
to fanny about putting a wood rubbing shield over the nut. I have also put
the drain valves into the windows but the upstand of pipe to them finishes
very close to the airleron ? cross tube and needs a cable clip to hold it
away. Better do the windows prior to putting the cockpit module into the
fuselage. Also note that the rear lift pin cross tube linkrod modification
is very difficult to drill under the tank filler boss. I had to burn mine
with a red-hot weld rod !!!!!!and and extinguisher stood by ?????

Regards
Bob H   G-PTAG