Wings and Fuse on the way!

Subject: Wings and Fuse on the way!
From: Chris Beck <EuropaChris@netscape.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 07:48:31
Hi everyone!

Been kinda quiet around here lately, hope it's due to building or flying!

Just dropping in to say "hi" and let you all know that all is going very well
with our construction.  We aren't burning up the logbook with speed, but
making great progress.  We have so many things going on around the Milwaukee
area during the summer that it's hard to be in the basement when it's so
beautiful outside.

Yesterday I placed the order for the Wings and Fuse kit w/ Michele in
Lakeland.  They are bringing up several more kits via truck to Oshkosh, so I
couldn't pass up the deal on saving the crating and shipping charges.
Besides, we are just about ready for the wings, and only a 40 minute drive
---From OSH, so it's only a stop on the way for them and good timing.  Evidently
the wings do not take terribly long to do, so I figured we'd go the extra
stretch for the fuse kit right away.  Now to figure out where to put it all
when it gets here this weekend!?!  Our house has a large basement where we are
building (big enough to rig the plane fully inside, I'm pretty sure), but no
access for large items.  So, the fall project is to get a contractor in to
install an external access to the basement that's big enough to get the fuse
in and out.  Should be fun...

We'll be at Oshkosh on Saturday, and then plan to go back up to Appleton for a
flight in the factory plane on Sunday.  Hope to meet lots of the gang up
there.  As of yet, neither of us has flown in  a Europa.  Should be a real
treat!

OH yeah.  Does anyone have an AutoCAD plan view of the monowheel?  Reason I
ask is I want to take the side view of the plane and incorporate it into the
access plan for the basement.  It would allow me to exactly determine whether
I'll be able to get it in and out easily.  I'd hate to do a bunch of
construction and then find out it doesn't fit, causing much marital strife.

Thanks!

Chris and Sue Beck
A159