Re: Cutting Corners?

Subject: Re: Cutting Corners?
From: Grahamclk@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 10:56:19
You don't really need an elbow (more junctions to leak)- after the  line
enters the below the seat there is plenty of room to turn it horizontally,
insert the restrictor, then lead it up the tank front.  The bottom bend might
occupy at most the five litres of scale which you can't read from above
anyway in that pit without a searchlight and severe danger to the spinal
column.  The PFA accept this.

I suggest you have one both sides - as discussed before on this forum you can
lose reserve fuel across the divide with turbulence and attitude changes.  If
you have it reserve side only you would be blind when running below the
reserve level on the main side, which will give you a fright if you are not
ready for the engine stopping.
Main side only would do if you really commit to a landing once it's empty.

In the Uk is still seems difficult to get clear pipe of the required diameter
which is fuel resistant.  At my annual only a month ago I replaced it all
with new tube from Europa but it is already looking brownish !

<>
Special plastic milestones and metric versions are available for extra light
aircraft
(:-))

Graham C.  G-EMIN