Fuel Vent Location

Subject: Fuel Vent Location
From: Tony Renshaw <renshaw@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 08:11:02
Bob,
 A mate of mine downunder chose to put his fuel vent line on the underbelly
but for different reasons. He was worried about being inverted after a
prang and having fuel leaking out around his ears. Can you verbalise, or
type up your routing, such as any additional bends and why, as I recall
this fellow had bends in place to serve specific purposes such as anti
syphon etc.
Reg
Tony Renshaw

>Since we are on the subject of fueling - I thought I might mention the fuel
>vent/fill location.  With the vent on the top of the fuselage the vapors
>coming out of the vent would travel down the fuselage side right past the
>fuel fill.  It would seem a static spark would have an easier time setting
>off these vapors than liquid fuel in the tank.
>
>I have noticed that when fueling the factory U.S. demonstator they hook a
>tube to the vent and run it down the side to the ground.  It keeps the fuel
>from running down the paint also.  Personally I moved my vent to the belly
>to avoid this problem altogether.
>
>Bob Jacobsen
>A131
>
>(p.s. put a couple new pics on my web site today www.galaxyhobby.com)