Fwd: Derbyshire Web Articles

Subject: Fwd: Derbyshire Web Articles
From: Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 21:24:00
I'm sorry - the URL I gave for the articles worked fine for me not
long before I made the posting to the list. I'd just used the link
itself, and not tried to explore elsewhere on that site. Several folk
have reported since that the link no longer works, and among those Ed
Lindsay has done the research to find where it's gone. I think I can
do no better than forward his message to the list:

>  Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 09:27:59 -0700
>  From: Lindsay <hlindsay@nmsu.edu>
>  Subject: Derbyshire Web Articles
>  Cc: europa@gate.net
>
>  The article re: Graham can no longer be found at the address you provided as
>  it has been transferred to the sites Archives. The address you furnished
>  accesses an article on kidney dialysis. I'm forwarding this to you and will
>  leave it to your discretion as to whether it should be provided to the group
>  at-large. Courtesy copy to the US office will allow them to keep in touch
>  with developments and subsequent press reports posted to the Derbyshire site.
>          To find both the original as well as the current article (which
>  updates both Graham's and Isaac's condition, may I suggest the following:
>          Initially access <thisisderbyshire.co.uk/>. This takes you to the
>  appropriate "home page."
>          Page-down to "Search the Site" and do a search on keyword "Europa."
>  This will take you to the current day's article(s) (if any) on anything
>  posted to the site that contains the word "Europa". There is an update
>  article on Graham's and Isaac's condition posted at this location today, but
>  it will transfer to the Archives within the next 24 hours! To view this
>  (today's) article, page-down and click on the article titled (in red) "Crash
>  pilot is still critical."
>          After reading the current day's article(s) (if any), move to the
>  left column on the page and under "Today's News" (white type), click on
>  "Archives" (red type). This takes you to "The Archives" page.
>          On "The Archives" page, set the date parameters (if appropriate) and
>  do another search on keyword "Europa". This will take you to the article
>  titled "Crash leaves two critical."
>          Anyone wishing to keep abreast of the local press coverage of the
>  accident should be able to use the above procedure indefinitely with
>  appropriate modifications to the date parameter blocks for
> conducting searches.
>          Don't mean to meddle, but thought this might be of some help.
>          Regards and best wishes. -Ed Lindsay, A029, Las Cruces, NM, The
>  Colonies-

Thanks very much to Ed for a good explanation - I can stand this sort
of meddling any time.

regards

Rowland

           ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...