Cooling duct - Europa XS, 912S engine

Subject: Cooling duct - Europa XS, 912S engine
From: John Wigney <johnwigney@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 10:54:33
Dear Europaphiles,

I am working on the installation of the cooling duct and coolant and oil
coolers under the engine and find I have an interference problem between
the radiator and the cowling. I have trimmed the lugs on the front lower
corners of the coolant radiator but I have found that there is still
light contact when everything is in position and the duct is clear of
the muffler by the specified 5 mm. I have tried moving the duct assembly
forwards and rearwards within the range possible but cannot improve the
situation significantly.

There is room in the duct to move both coolers aft by about 1 inch and I
believe this will solve the problem. However, if I do that, I will have
to make up a new CD1 panel which is predrilled for the cooler
connections.

Has anyone else out there in Europa land run into this problem and do
you have any magic fix ?

Cheers, John

A099, N262WF
Mooresville, North Carolina, USA