RE: Whoops

Subject: RE: Whoops
From: Roger Sheridan <rogersheridan@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 11:49:49
Again sorry for passing this on to you. If you have double clicked on the
pretty park attachment then your machine is infected (macs immune). There
are instructions to remove the "worm" at
www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/prettypark.worm.html
and I have reproduced these below, they appear to have worked OK on my
machine. Please call me to verify if you wish on 01444 882062.

Rog.

Repair Information

To remove the PrettyPark worm:

On the Windows taskbar, click Start > Run.
Type REGEDIT, then click OK.
Modify the following Registry value:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\exefile\ shell\open\command

and change

files32.vxd "%1" %*

"%1" %*

For clarity, these seven characters are the following: double quote, percent
sign, the numeral one, double quote, space, percent sign, and asterisk.
Don't forget the space.

Delete the PrettyPark.exe file.
Restart your computer.
Delete the \Windows\System\Files32.vxd file.
Safe Computing

Because of Worms and Trojan Horse programs, you must practice safe
computing. Be suspicious of executable file attachments (for example, .exe,
.shs, or MS Word, or MS Excel files), especially ones from newsgroups or
unknown sources. For continuous protection, always run Norton AntiVirus
Auto-Protect and use LiveUpdate to make sure you have the latest virus
definitions.