Interested in Europa

Subject: Interested in Europa
From: Mike Barfield <barfield@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 20:42:16
Hello all...I'm a first time builder and I have some questions about the
Europa. Some background info first.

* I've never built an airplane, but I'm very mechanical.
* I'm a low time pilot, in fact still in the learning process. Should be
done soon.
* I live about 20 minutes from the Europa offices in Lakeland, Florida.
* I have a large workshop (24'x48') that's unheated and uncooled.
* I'm just over the hill (41st birthday last week).
* My wife is 100% behind me on the idea to built an airplane, God love her
:)

And now the questions...

* What temp and humidity ranges should I work within? Here in Florida days
can get hot and high humidity is a way of life.
* I'm most interested in the XS mono wheel and rotax 914 turbo. Is the 200
mph at 75% at 10,000 feet real world? What's the Vne?
* The company lists take-off of 500' at gross with a 914. Is this what
people are seeing? And is that over a 50" obstacle?
* Landing roll of 600',is this what builders are seeing? I'm looking at a
nearby farmers field that's about 800'.
* What kind of fuel consumption and speed are people getting at 75% cruse
(914)?
* I sat in a XS today at the Europa office. I'm 6'2" and 200# and fit with
only one complaint. My left shoulder/arm hits the side of the cockpit at the
door frame. Does anyone have any comments about this and how it affects
longer flights and any work-arounds?

Thanks for any information.