Re: Europa Questions Again

Subject: Re: Europa Questions Again
From: JohnJMoran@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 10:55:46

<<  Bear in mind the limitations attached to the aircraft's Certificate or
Permit to fly.  In the UK, no aerobatics are permitted.   >>

This statement seems to conflict with the videos supplied by Europa which
show rolls and half Cuban 8's in the first couple of minutes.  Also, articles
by Peter Underhill describe aerobatics performed with Peter and Ivan aboard,
see "Private Pilot", Jan 94. According to the article, this flight was in the
UK.

Ed Kolano's article in "Sport Aviation" Aug 95 indicated that the Europa was
adept at positive G aerobatics while Europa's advertisement in this same
issue says: "Aerobatic and fully spin tested".

My demo flight in the US included a roll and half of a Cuban 8 (with no
parachutes on board).

In the US an experimental is limited to manuevers demonstrated in the 40 hour
test period.  Are rolls and loops possible but foolhardy/dangerous? Are there
other limitations in the UK which we should know about in the US?

Are all of the above cited manuevers Illegal?  Or advertising hype?

John     A044