Re: Europa_Mail:Prop balancing ?

Subject: Re: Europa_Mail:Prop balancing ?
From: Chuck Popenoe <cpops@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 09:21:35
I've seen these "dynamic balancers" advertised for props--they are made
with
various standard bolt patterns and bolt on behind the prop or aft
bulkhead.  I
recall that they do actually work, due to the dynamics of the rotating
out-of-balance mass. ( Reminds me of earlier circular tubes partially
filled with mercury used to balance auto wheels.)

Pops