Re: Australian Jabiru powered Europa

Subject: Re: Australian Jabiru powered Europa
From: Nigel Hutchinson-Brooks <nhb@netspace.net.au>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 18:16:24
Rowland & Wilma Carson wrote:

> >Does anyone have contact information for the guy in
> Australia who is
> >building his Europa and putting a Jabiru 3300 in it.
>
> Sorry to be so long in responding. Here are all the
> Europas whose
> builders have admitted an interest in the Jabiru engine.
> Some have
> not yet made a firm decision.
>
> 129 G-FLOX Peter S Buchan, West Sussex Jabiru 2200 4-cyl
> 166        Kjell Eriksson, Sweden Rotax 912 or Jabiru 2200
> 4-cyl
> 200        Allan Bowden, Victoria, Australia Jabiru 3300
> 6-cyl
> 252        Tony J Clarry, Wiltshire MidWest / BMW / Zoche
> / Jabiru 3300 6-cyl ?
> 286 EI-COE Fergus Flynn, Co Clare, Ireland Jabiru 2200
> 4-cyl
> 374        David I McCandless, Brunei Darussalam/Perth
> Jabiru 3300 6-cyl ?
> 406 ZK-RPR Peter Robson, New Zealand Jabiru 3300 6-cyl (?)
>
> A026       Norman W G Marsh, British Columbia, Canada/NZ
> Jabiru 3300 6-cyl
>
> Check your Europa Club membership list for contact
> details.
>
> regards
>
> Rowland

>            ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...
> _________________________
> The Europa List is supported by Aviators Network UK -
> info@avnet.co.uk

   The first Europa has flown in Australia with the six
cylinder Jabiru.  The aircraft is owned by Alan Bowden,
Hyland Way, Won Wron, Victoria 3971, Australia, phone +61 3
5189 1373.  The Jabiru factory used the aircraft as a guinea
pig, and have developed a firewall forward kit including
everything to get the aircraft flying.  The cowling has been
redesigned to suit and is six inches longe than the Rotax
914, making it look  sleeker than it already is!  They
started off with a Jabiru two blade wooden prop, then
changed to one a coarser one that gave 2700 rpm static at
full throttle and 2900 airborne.  Alan is now thinking about
an NSI prop.  Flies really well and is very smooth.  Three
of us building here in Melbourne are also seriously looking
at this engine and have been down to country Vicotria to see
Alan's plane. Very impressinve.  We took some ordinary
photos, and if I can get them scanned will try to put them
on this net.  Regards to all.  Nigel H-B.