Sanding filler

Subject: Sanding filler
From: Steve Genotte <gopack@sprintmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 22:54:08
All,

I've started filling and sanding the rudder.  The Super Fill is
everything I'd hoped for and I'm getting the hang of applying it after a
few false starts.

I've also had to learn how to use my new jitterbug sander and my initial
ignorance has resulted in a couple of spots along the upper and lower
curves where I've sanded a bit deeper into the glass than I'd expected.
The largest area involved is 3 mm wide and 15 mm long.  The other two or
three are dime sized at the worst.  None of them are low spots in
relation to the surrounding glass, they're just free of filler except
for the spaces between the fibers.

What's the conventional wisdom on these spots?  Have I created a repair
opportunity or is the odd hot spot allowable?

Merry - Happy,

Steve G.