Re:Alternators

Subject: Re:Alternators
From: Robert L. Nuckolls III <nuckolls@aeroelectric.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 09:10:53

>Why don't you want an automotive alternator with a built in voltage
regulator?
>There are many homebuilts that fly with these. I have one myself-bought it
for
>$100- its out of a Chevy Spectrum- 60 amp and very small. I have  2 1/2 years
>and 300 hrs on it now with no problems.

 I'm pleased that your experience with built in regulators has
 been positive. However I'll ask that you please review:

 http://home.kscable.com/aeroelectric/articles/bltinreg.pdf

 http://home.kscable.com/aeroelectric/articles/failtoll.pdf

 http://home.kscable.com/aeroelectric/articles/crowbar.pdf

 http://home.kscable.com/aeroelectric/articles/bleadov.pdf