Locktite 638

Subject: Locktite 638
From: Tony Renshaw <renshaw@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 18:01:02
Gidday,
I am about to bond the FL07 brass bushes into the flap hinge plates using
Locktite 638 and was wondering if someone could give me some advice. I do
not have a tight fit between both, and I suspect for the use of any glue
you don't really want such a fit. Anyway, my bearings are not snug and will
fall out if the flap hinge bracket is held flat and shook. I figure if I
place the bearing 1/2 way home and then place the araldite on the remaining
walls of the accepting hole as well as the exposed side of the bearing and
then push it all the way through the other side and do likewise, this is
about the best method, maybe! I then figure a small rotate of the bush when
home should smear the glue. A quick tidy up of any displaced glue should
finish things up.
This is how I was going to do it, but I would like to hear the advice of
those that have gone before me, please?
Thanks in anticipation.

Reg
Tony Renshaw